Thursday, March 2, 2017

Closing American Born Chinese

    After reading the second half of American Born Chinese, I was definitely surprised in the ending. Also in the duration of reading the book, I really liked all of it because it brought a new perspective on reading comic books. Graphic Novels do not catch my attention still. And eve still, this graphic novel is different because it had three stories in one. So even when reading this is was different from you standard graphic novel.
     The ending struck be and confused me a little because the characters began to switch up and characters began to change to other characters. For example, Chin-Kee becomes Monkey king, Danny and Jin become their true forms. Danny become Jin Wang and Wei-Chan bis the monkey King son. That became a little hard to follow but overall it was not a big issue.

     In my opinion I like how Yang, the author, incorporated issues of the real world. The struggles of acceptance and appreciation of where you come from was well incorporated in the story theme as well. I personally like to acknowledge her work as far as switching the characters to make the perspective of the reader change.

No comments:

Post a Comment