I like the ending as far as what happened though. She moved away to her Uncles so that she can be safe from her stepdad. I also felt like this was empowering for readers who went through something in parallel and they finally want to do something about it. I'm glad that this book was published. I also admire how the author included reality for the reader. He included detail on what he wanted the reader to feel. And he did that very well. Although, I feel like ending should have been different, it was safe. As in, the reader felt comfortable with it.
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Eleanor and Park #3
Eleanor and Park was such an interesting book. I didn't expect the end to be so, sort of, dead. It seem like through the book the had built up so much detail and so much events for her to just leave at the end of the book. I love the beginning and middle but not the end. I feel liked the end was more tragic, more tragic then her just moving to another state (that Park clearly has the address to and has driven there himself) it would've been a lot better. I say this because the ending was so typical. I could guess what was going to happen next after she had ran away. I don't want to say the book was a disappointment but it certainly was no surprise either. The author created so much detail and tension between the two characters as well as the reader to just say at the end of the book, she had to move away.
I like the ending as far as what happened though. She moved away to her Uncles so that she can be safe from her stepdad. I also felt like this was empowering for readers who went through something in parallel and they finally want to do something about it. I'm glad that this book was published. I also admire how the author included reality for the reader. He included detail on what he wanted the reader to feel. And he did that very well. Although, I feel like ending should have been different, it was safe. As in, the reader felt comfortable with it.
I like the ending as far as what happened though. She moved away to her Uncles so that she can be safe from her stepdad. I also felt like this was empowering for readers who went through something in parallel and they finally want to do something about it. I'm glad that this book was published. I also admire how the author included reality for the reader. He included detail on what he wanted the reader to feel. And he did that very well. Although, I feel like ending should have been different, it was safe. As in, the reader felt comfortable with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like what you said about how Rowell brought in the reality. She brought awareness about a whole heap of things in this novel. It was more than just a teenage romance.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the ending! After her and Park had been through so much I wouldn't have expected her to just leave in the end.
ReplyDeleteI love your picture! I liked the ending, it was kind of typical though. I was kind of surprised when we read about Park's depression after losing Eleanor and how she never contacted him, for him to receive a postcard (hopefully saying I love you). I liked that part.
ReplyDeleteYou're right about the ending, but just before the very end when Richie was chasing Eleanor, the suspense really built up and the book was quite exciting.
ReplyDelete