Sunday, January 22, 2017

Feed #1

     Feed by M.T Anderson is really interesting. When I began to read it, I questioned our tech in the world today and how controlling it is, in comparison to the feed. Anderson narrates the testify form the first person point of view. He is a teenage boy in a th future society. Everyone in his environment seems to have these chips implanted in their heads that reads their behavior and and has some type of output or suggestion. In other words, like a reaction. It's very interesting to use these words because when you think about it, it does not sound human at all but more android and programmed.
     
      This guy meets a girl, named Violet and they have a spark. I noticed that every character that I have come into contact with is the same, expect for Violet. They are all the same down to the vocabulary and their dialect. The word "like" came up very much. Surprisingly, in our society today we have a common dialect in our generation as well.
     
         In comparison to the plot of this story, our generation and as our years progress we all share one things that advances all the time across the world: technology. Technology is everywhere and is growing rapidly. To the phone the can now be submerged in water and be completely fine, to how we learn (computers, televisions, internet), we all share that commonality with one another. And as time progresses and tech progresses, more and more people are being pulled in and seeming to be hypnotized by the screens of phones and computers sets.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting take on the book! I agree technology is constantly changing in our generation. starting from 2000-2017 technology has changed drastically in 17 years. I agree with you many people do allow technology to control many aspects of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that technology is expanding and controlling so much of the world. I am interested to see if the whole technology of the feed changes at all towards the end of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the hypnotizing effect of technology. It's like a world of zombies.

    ReplyDelete