Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Closing Brown Girl Dreaming

      I really enjoyed the genre of Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson, I began to flow much better with the book. Its actually more intriguing to read just because of the format style. It made me appreciate poems a lot more as well. I am pleased that her experiences of living in the South as Well as the North, shaped her into become this awesome writer. I was surprised that her dream to be a writer carried on as well. Additionally, I was really interested because of the time era and because during the Civil Rights Movement Era, blacks were ridiculed and dismissed if they thought their writing needed to be published. So that could have definitely affected her thinking as far as, publishing a book about her life. 
     I think that it really important for people who don't necessarily identify with Jacqueline's specific experiences to read this book because you can always learn more with an open mind. Furthermore, connecting to a persons past experiences could also help one grown as well. Overall, it's not my favorite book but it dis allow me to be more open. Especially, with the formatting in poem style.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment