The meaning of this picture was created to show that even the people that we trust to protect us are using their power as an advantage to get away with unjust actions such as police brutality. This photo depicts white officers beatings on what seems to be a black person. The underlying idea is that police brutality is more than likely to happen to a black person rather than a white person. Not ignoring the fact that there are other races that have experienced police brutality too, but in the most popular cases there has been no justice for blacks. This image is communicated through animated characters.
The creator presumes that the viewer knows about police brutality and how real it is. He presumes that the audience is either a victim of police brutality. And even if she/he is not physically is not a victim, the creator knows that somehow the audience was affected by the idea of police brutality towards a human. The affect that this ad might have on the targeted audience is to get them to understand that this is a serious matter, at least to those who are affected. Even through an animation, we recognize the seriousness in this image. It may have also been created to bring up an up-rise or to make the audience feel emotional.
![]() |
I fell passionate about both ideas conveyed above because I have younger brothers and sister who will have to grow up in a world where the justice system as well as the government system is corrupt.
This relates to the original ad because it takes a visual representation of police brutality and then ironically going against "Blue Lives Matter". That slogan was created after "Black Lives Matter". The original slogan "Black Lives Matter" was specifically about the justice system and the unfairness towards blacks. It was never meant to degrade anyone who is not black.


This is such a power subvertisement. The oppression of black people in America isn't right. Police officer's job is to proctect people not to create the problems. Police need to held responsible for the crimes they commit to innocent people, and lives of those innocent people need justice. You're subvertisement is so necessary and so important.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your subvertisement! I loved how you focused on a current event, I can relate to many of your points made throughout your blog. I am also scared for my sibling many people in power are corrupted, and don't want to change. I hope I never will be a victim of the law because it is a scary thing to accept.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your subvertisement! I loved how you focused on a current event, I can relate to many of your points made throughout your blog. I am also scared for my sibling many people in power are corrupted, and don't want to change. I hope I never will be a victim of the law because it is a scary thing to accept.
ReplyDeleteI love your subvertisement! It made me feel emotional reading it because I can relate to this movement and it is hard for a lot of people to understand what is REALLY going on in the world!
ReplyDelete