I expected more out of the book , honestly. Only because I have zero tolerance for bullying. I'd wish more had been done as far as punishment because bullying isn't fun at all. I could lead people to do really drastic and sad things only because someone wants to point out flaws and sometimes not flaws at all.
Piddy fought Yaqui and all while it was being recorded there were so many laws being broken for one, and for two there was evidence that Piddy was being bullied. It frustrates me to see that even though there is clear evidence of a wrong doing, the wrong doer undergoes little to no punishment at all. After I continued to read to find out that the video was posted on social media, that made me more angry because now millions of people can see it. And then that began to create cyber-bullying. Yaqui had gotten immunity to the situation and that makes Piddy feel like she still won. Well at least I feel that way about the ending.
Socially, this is quite known to happen around the world. Bullying happens every day, and it bothers me that kids have to go through it. The when they finally step up, and speak out on bullying, there is no lesson for the bully at all. Just a tap on the back of the hand. It makes me think if this had happen prior to Piddy coming to that school. There must have been another girl or someone she bothered before Piddy. But all in all, This has a more realist ending.

It also made me mad when she posted the video! I wish the story had told us more about Yaqui so maybe we can have a better understanding of why she did the things she did.
ReplyDeleteI too have zero tolerance for bullying. At the same time- it happens all the time- and the reasons behind the bullying can be multifaceted. There can be awful underlying reasons for someone acting in such a way- and in a way- bullies can be victims as well. It is sad really. It is hard for me to completely condemn Yaqui for what she does because I am not completely aware of her situation... but that said- she has no right to hurt anyone else. She needs some sort of help.
ReplyDeleteCarly- good points about bullying. Some of my friends post about how their kids are treated at school. The parents know yet the bullying doesn't stop.
ReplyDeleteBullying makes me sooo mad too. I just wish schools could do a better job with disciplining the people who are doing the bullying and could help put and end to it.
ReplyDelete